Wednesday 14 December 2011

The power of a new workout outfit





Investing in a new workout outfit can be a huge motivating factor.


They say you should dress for the job you want in career...why shouldn't we apply the same philosophy to our workout schedule.  If you dress like you are confident in yourself and ready to hit it hard then chances are you will.  So bring it on!!!!


A new outfit can make you feel confident and comfortable throughout  your workout and i find when Im lacking in a little motivation, a quick shopping expedition for some new gear gives me that little boost I may need.


Starting a session in a confident feel good mood with new, comfy stylish clothes is a winner and a good motivator to get you going if your embarking on a new fitness journey or lacking a little bit of umph.  Even if it's a new hat or headband...I swear you'll think its making you run faster, lift heavier, box harder.


So get out there and happy shopping!!



2 comments:

  1. You are totally right! At first I didn't buy anything new, but then as I started going to bootcamp more often I wanted to wear something that suited the enviorment and not just some old daggy t-shirt. So far I have only brought a couple of shirts but they both kind of motive in in a funny way too. Next I might finally buy some shorts (scared of showing my legs though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true.. i generally wear the same kind of outfits while im training, the above pic is my actual standard workout outfit. It took me a while to pull out the shorts, but was quite a milestone when i felt comfortable to do that...Im sure it wont be long for you..perhaps buy a pair as a "goal" outfit..stell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!