Friday 30 December 2011

Goals for 2012

So it's almost the end of the year ! At around this time, I sit and reflect on the past year and what I have and have not yet accomplished.  I generally feel pretty good with myself as I tend to complete most things I have on my list  (the secret is to keep it simple).

What I haven't accomplished I just put back on my list for the new year.  The easiest and best way to set goals or I guess, new years resolutions, is to be honest with yourself in what you want to achieve and the  realistic possibility of getting it done.

A method of setting goals, taught to me while studying fitness is the S.M.A.R.T. system.  
Make sure your goals are Specific.  Measurable.  Achievable.  Realistic.  and have a Timeframe.

So I've had a quick think about my personal goals for 2012 and have come up with a few goals.  Im sure I'll add some more throughout the year but the main goals for me are as follows :

# Spend more quality time with my family
# To train for my 1st marathon -aiming for Gold Coast July
# Focus on building my personal training business and targeting my business plan goals
# Maintain a daily skin care regime
# Ensure I do breast checks every month
# Taking more photos of my children 
# Building up my blog and adding video exercise streams
# More random acts of kindness
# Complete a 1 week Muay Thai boxing training camp in Thailand

Just briefly noted for this purpose.  I have a notebook that I use to write down all my goals and to do lists.  It's a lot more detailed and messy than this though. I am the queen of to-do lists and love the act of the huge tick off when they're done. 

Basically, I want to invest in my long term fitness and health by leading a healthy lifestyle with my children and husband.  There is nothing more important than health, and this past year has surely managed to cement the importance of this statement to me.  So I hope you're all having a think about what goals you would like to achieve in 2012 ... And for all my clients that are reading this :  I look forward to hearing your new goals and hope I can help play a part in helping you achieve them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!