Wednesday 28 December 2011

Garmin stats..

Went out for a run this morning with my running partner....the Garmin.  I had to borrow my husbands one, which is a lot sleeker than mine.  I hadn't downloaded my past runs so my database was full.  Hello forerunner 610.


I have been running with my older style Forerunner 305 for the past year, and i can honestly say it is an amazing tool to have.  It GPS tracks my route, my running pace, distance and so much more.  I download my run on my mac and keep track of my progress and running history.  I dont like to run with the heart rate monitor strap as I find it too constricting but they are a great way to track how hard you're working.

The Forerunner has been extremely invaluable in all my runs, especially the 1/2 marathons.  I have a visual of my pace so that i can slow myself down or speed up as my splits suggest and its set to beep me if Im slowing down too much.  I would highly recommend any runner or upcoming runner to invest in one.

Before my husbands purchase, I ensured I researched the various models in order to get the right one, the following link to Dc rainmaker is a great research info site.  This guy is amazing.  He road tests many different gadgets and gives an honest report and opinion on them.  He is also an amazing athlete, have a look at his site and amaze at his accomplishments.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/

So my exercise has been done for the day, I got home and did some stretching and core work to finish.

The rest of the day is free!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!