Sunday 11 December 2011

Abs


Ab work is usually the most despised part of a workout.  I too drag my feet when its time for obliques, bracing and all the rest, but always feel so much better for it when its over.  Everyone wants a more defined mid section.  After having 2 kids I dont know if my abs can look quite the same as the above picture, but i can try.  As most people know,  it is a combination of both diet and fat loss , the lower your body fat the more defined your abs will look with the correct exercises.  So needless to say, doing 200 sit ups a day isn't going to get you the results you want if you're not backing it up with proper nutrition.

Many people spend 20 -30 mins working on their midsection.  I believe its not really that necessary.  If you're training the midsection in the right way there's no need for a lengthy session.  I would treat the abs like any other muscle group and aim for reps of 10 - 20 range.  Short rest periods between sets, as abs, unlike other muscle groups, need a much less recovery time.  This always ensures a constant level of stress is placed on the muscles giving you a much better workout.

I tend to favour the short intense timed intervals for abs, focusing on between 2 - 4 various exercises.  Works up quite a burn and a sweat, and never fails to increase the heart rate.  Now that bikini season is upon us I make sure im adding an abs workout every other day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!