Wednesday 11 April 2012

This mornings run





aint nothing cute here...just a hot sweaty red face = hard work


This mornings run was a long slow run.  I do one of these a week when I'm starting my training for a half, increasing my kilometres each week to get to 21kms.  It has to be a gradual increase in order to help protect the body from injuries.  As a runner you tend to more often than not have an injury at any one point in time.  I tend to suffer from a lot of ITB problems (not irritable bowel :)

Iliotibial band Syndrome.  In simple terms a superficial thickening of tissue on the outside of the thigh which runs over the outside of pelvis, over the hip and ending at the knee.  This band tightens as it rubs against bone and becomes inflamed.  Lots of stretching and warm ups needed. At the moment its feeling good so i need to be careful with my increase in running as it tends to flare up by too quick too soon.



So feeling good after todays run and ready to face the day.  Fresh and revitalised....of course after a long hot shower.

12.2kms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!