Wednesday 18 April 2012

I needed water...

Somedays I try to pack it all in - work, my own training, cooking and all the other multitude of tasks us superwomen try to achieve in a single day - most of these between the hours of  9 - 3.

Today was one of those days. Phew!!!  Morning training sessions done, phone calls returned and I headed off for my LSR.  Only difference being I started it at 12.00.  Way too late for me to run in the beautiful warm weather. Not prepared at all, long black leggings - no water.  Todays run, 14kms.  It was hard,  my face looked like a beetroot, but I made it.



So running in the heat, with no water hard enough - and suddenly at 7kms my iPod froze.



Aghhh, shock horror!  I desperately willed it to work, pressed everything I could to get it started, halfway to go and NO music.  It made the journey back soooo much harder.  I hate running without music. I find the music helps propel me along, gives me motivation when my legs are getting tired, and depending on the song, gets me doing a little clap or fist punch in the air.  Don't me alarmed if you hear me singing along or having a little wiggle as I run - you do whatever you have to, to get you through. 

This afternoon I was feeling the effects of dehydration.  Headache, dizziness, nauseous - awful feeling.  Im usually very good with my hydration and being prepared for a run but I guess I just hadn't realised how warm it was.  It just shows how important adequate hydration is for wellbeing, especially when you are exercising in warmer conditions.  Im still feeling pretty average but I'm making sure I'm keeping up my fluid intake.

Next time I must remember if I go out for a long run in the heat later in the day...WATER ! WATER !


Although I'm sure I won't be looking like that when I'm guzzling the H20.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!