Monday 2 January 2012

Yummy salad



Salads are probably my favourite type of food.  I love the freshness of them and the fact that you can just throw everything in there and make it a meal.  I made this delicious salad yesterday to take to my sisters for our family get together.

One of my clients passed on the recipe ( thanks Jane ) and I just added a few more ingredients - walnuts and witlof.  It was so easy to put together, the pumpkin roasting was probably the most time consuming. I must admit though, I do tend to increase the quantities for a larger salad.

I thought I would pass it on as its so good.  I believe its a credited recipe but cant remember by whom so my apologies.

Spicy roast pumpkin, feta and olive salad ( I added witlof and walnuts)

3tbs olive oil
1/2tsp ground cumin
1/2tsp cayenne pepper
sea salt
ground black pepper
800g pumpkin cut into 2 cm cubes
100g baby spinach leaves
150g marinated feta drained and crumbled
20 kalamata olives, pitted

Preheat oven to 220*C .  Place olive oil , cumin, cayenne pepper, salt , pepper in a bowl and stir to combine.  Add pumpkin and stir to coat.  Transfer to a roasting dish and bake for 30 mins or until pumpkin is tender and caramelised.

Dressing

1tbs red wine vinegar
60ml extra virgin olive oil
1 shallot finely sliced

Whisk all ingredients together until combined.

Combine spinach leaves onto serving platter and scatter pumpkin, olives, feta and any other optional ingredients over leaves and drizzle dressing over .

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. This salas was delicious and look foward to making it myself. Thanks for the recipe!! xx

    Thetis
    http://www.littlesooti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!