Tuesday 24 January 2012

Bio mechanics and self myofascial release...

Im back....  I spent all of last week on a professional development course learning all about biomechanics, self myofascial release, a little about boxing, boot camps and some other goodies.

Wow! What a week it was.  I learnt so much and am so excited about putting a lot of what I learnt into place.  The crux of the learning was based around integration of exercises and how the various areas and lines of the body are all connected, so if you have an issue in your calf it may affect your shoulder etc as it is all linked.  Also the importance of self myofascial release.  A simple non invasive method of self directed massage, used to manipulate tissue to alleviate stresses that can interfere with movement. Very fascinating and insightful.

While watching the ads for The Biggest Loser, I saw on tonights episode a guest speaker they have is Professor Paul Taylor..well he was one of my lecturers last week and he was amazing.  So much knowledge...loved listening to his theories...

So now that the hectic study week is over I'll be spending this week finalising my timetable for training and the timetable for my running group start up (next week)...  As well as doing the last minute uniform, school book runs for the kids and everything else associated with back to school ....ahhhhhh !!!

Hope you have all had a great fitness week...Enjoy your day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!