Saturday 4 February 2012

Running group

Hello everybody, hope you all had a wonderful week.  I have been busy getting kids back off to school, working and dealing with toilet training issues with our new puppy Harry, whom i must formally introduce in another post.

Most importantly, today was the first session of my 9 week beginners 5km running group. What a wonderful start.  I must say I was very proud to meet my lovely, eager ladies down at the running track at 7am.  We were off to a wonderful start.  Everyone got through the 1st session unscathed and I arrived back home proud as punch.  I wanted to post about my overwhelming feelings of pride, excitement and awe at all the girls there today.  It can be so overwhelming stepping out of your comfort zone and trying new and challenging things, and I take my hat off to everyone for having the courage and drive to work at achieving this wonderful goal.  Well Done!!

Im looking forward to the next 9 weeks and hopefully being able to watch these lovely ladies perhaps completing their first Run for the Kids fun run.


Thought I would share a little motivational clip FYI...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEa0xpWi7C4&feature=player_detailpage


























http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEa0xpWi7C4&feature=player_detailpage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!