Monday 6 February 2012

Fresh from the garden



The assortment of fresh goodies are from my friend "V" 's amazing veggie patch.. She surprised me with a bag full of delicious, fresh vegetables from her garden.  Zucchini, eggplant and cucumbers.  The lone tomato is from my veggie patch.  Im not as good a green thumb as "V" is but I'm getting there.  It's my first tomato for the season and it was delicious.

So armed with my beautiful fresh veggies I thought i would make some ratatouille for dinner tonight and have with some quinoa.  Yum!!!

Very easy to make...

2 - 4  zucchini (depending on size)
2 - 4  finger eggplant (depending on size)
2 red capsicum
1/2 butternut pumpkin (cut in to cubes)
1/2 spanish onion
1 -2 sweet potato (depending on size)
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp vegetta
2 tbs olive oil
salt/pepper

Chop all veggies into cubes in baking tray, sprinkle over herbs, drizzle over oil and shake to coat

Preheat oven to 180*c place tray in oven and bake for 30 - 45 mins until veggies softened and browned.

Enjoy !!!  You can also crumble some goats cheese or fetta over the top to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!