Monday 20 February 2012

My Veggie Patch...

Hello Monday !!  I spent some time over the weekend tending to my now amazing veggie patch.  I picked so much lettuce, baby capsicums, basil and some fragrant mint for my homemade lemonade on Sunday.

It is so refreshing to be able to walk out the back and pick herbs and actual fresh, organic produce (as i don't use any fertilisers etc) to add to my cooking for the day.  The kids are loving going out and picking as they please.  I have started researching what is best to plant now so I can be ahead of the game..not wasting any time.

The crates are from the "the little veggie patch company" and are ideal for me. They fit in my space perfectly and are a great height so as i don't have to bend down while tending to the plants.  A great idea.

I am so excited about my future "crops" and am already planning what to plant to work in with high rep recipes.  I can only dream of having a veggie patch like my brother Johns or my friend Vanessa's.  Now they are the bomb!! Something to aspire to.  So until then I will research, water, nurture and seasol my crates of produce.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!