Wednesday 13 June 2012

My legs feel like lead...

This mornings client told me that her legs felt like lead after her last workout...I sympathised and then asked her to continue  doing her mountain climbers and squats.  A trooper !  Well I remembered those words this morning during my run.  My legs felt like lead, todays run felt so hard.  I dragged my feet to the track knowing I had to run a good distance today, my feet and IT band weren't feeling the best so I knew it was going to hurt.  I got a last minute pep talk from 2 of my clients who were down on the track starting when I was..Thanks for your encouragement girls....your "You can do it's" stuck in my head the entire 18 kms.  

Some days you have great runs, when you're feeling strong, motivated and feel like you can run like the wind, and somedays you're just not feeling it.  I started in that headspace so knew it was going to be hard, throughout the run I did feel better, willing myself to think of inspirational quotes, motivational people and as each km went by it did get a little easier.  




Today I thought exactly that ! And I ran this.....



So despite my feet dragging I managed to stay on track and do what I was meant to do...my long slow run.  I give myself a huge high five while I ice my sore legs.



And that is what I thought when I got into my car and drove home.   This sentiment above is what I try  to express to my  PT clients.  It's not always easy, and some days you may not want to do those burpees, or sweat it out on the cross trainer for 30 mins, but by doing what needs to be done you will get to your goal.  Im sure all my clients love doing those burpees anyway !

And when its all finished and you swear you couldn't do anymore, Im sure in the back of your mind somewhere you're thinking this...



I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day, be well !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!