Wednesday 6 June 2012

Back from a mini hiatus...


Greetings friends !!!  So Im back to my blog from a mini hiatus.  Busy with life, kids, training and all the rest but am happy to say Im back into it.

I have been continuing my runs, under the guidance of my awesome sports physio Chris.  Its just 25 days till the Gold Coast Marathon ( half for me) and my foot injury is getting better.  I was quite disappointed that my training stopped for a while but am happy to report that I went out for my LSR this morning and finished it.


Foot was sore but not unbearable.  I got to the end and felt like doing a Rocky run up some stairs ( none around though) and some fist pumps.  Nothing feels as good as that relief, elation and pure adrenaline when you get through a run, especially a long one.

Rocky

I see my physio tomorrow so hopefully he can help fix any damage I did today. (hopefully no extra damage)

Between my husband and I, this morning our household managed to log 32 kms running.  What great role modelling for our children. How important health and fitness is in life at any age.

So hopefully Im back on track and am able to finish the run on the 1st July.  Hopefully you have all been busy with trying to maintain your fitness regimes.  As soon as winter kicks in in just gets that little bit harder to jump out of bed in the morning and get outside to exercise.  It is so important to try and be consistent with your nutrition and workouts, as traditionally this time of year most people tend to relax more with their eating - especially of comfort foods and cutting down their exercise.  There is always an excuse for not getting out there but think of the multitude of benefits even just a 20 min walk has.



On that note I'll leave you to enjoy the rest of your day.  Im off to do the school run, and all the crazy after  school chaos that ensues when 3.20 hits.  Dinner, client training and new programs.  Enjoy your night !!!!

Oh and most importantly mustn't forget THE AMAZING RACE !!! Woo hoo !! Best show ever.  I should have auditioned for that...oh well theres always next season.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!