Monday 14 May 2012

Motivation Monday!

Goodmorning and welcome Monday !  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend - and to all the mums out there I hope you all had a very special Mothers Day.

We had a lazy day at our place, breakfast in bed, pouring over the papers for hours (bliss) and a beautiful roast dinner cooked by my hubby.

I was meant to run the Mothers Day classic 8km but had to pull out late Saturday night.  For those who don't know, I have injured my posterior tibialis tendon in my foot and have spent the last 2 weeks between my amazing sport Physio Chris and my podiatrist, rest, ice, stretching.  I thought it would be too optimistic to go out and run and risk injuring it more.  Very disappointing but I really needed to listen to my body !

I had 2 of my lovely run group girls running their first 8km Mothers Day Classic and they did amazingly.  Good on you both, Natalie and Narelle ! They both finished strongly and I am so proud of them for braving the weather and that wonderful incline, and running for a cause.

So to more than 44,000 participants who braved the Melbourne elements to show their support for a worthy cause, WELL DONE !!!

That is motivation enough for Monday !!!  With over 120,000 participants over 53 locations with an aim to raise $4.2 million ......a massive effort and a huge motivator for everyone out there, to just get up, get out and get active.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!