Friday 18 May 2012

Injuries !

Hello and TGIF !! I hope you have all had a busy, fit and healthy week and are all looking forward to the weekend as much as I.  I thought I would give Fitness Friday Funnies a miss today and bring you up to date on the last couple of weeks on my fitness end.

Some of you may know that after my last long run (16 kms) almost 3 weeks ago I didn't pull up so well.  I have had a niggling foot pain for a while that finally needed to be addressed.  Off to the podiatrist and my amazing sports physio Chris, diagnosis - posterior tibialis tendonitis.



I was advised to RICE (rest, ice, compress and elevate).  Needless to say I was quite upset.  Almost 3 weeks later, have managed 2 x 5km slow runs and a 6.3km run.  All with the the reassurance of both my trusty physicians.  Lots of strapping to my foot, gradual orthotics and very slow paces.

I am so devastated as I had registered for the Gold Coast Half Marathon on the 1st July and have been in training and on track with my schedule to come in on my desired time.




At the start of the year I wrote a post on my goals for the year, and how important it was for everyone to revisit them as you go along to help keep you on track.  One of my goals was to try and run a marathon (hopefully the Gold Coast) I needed to revisit that one and alter it to the half marathon.  It was more realistic for me to try and complete the training for 21.1kms.

So now back to my injury, prognosis - need lots of calf strengthening, foot exercises and need to really listen to my body.  Im hoping I will still be able to continue my training slowly, and be able to run.

So todays run, my 1st long run for a while - 8kms.  Ran a slower pace, hoping I wasn't going to hear anything snap.  Tick ! Done ! Little sore but ice, ice, ice....and lots of massaging with my trusty Arnica cream.



Im hoping I won't be too sore tomorrow and fingers crossed I will be ok to continue my routine next week.  On another note the studio is all finished and look amazing.  I will share some photos of the space with you next week.  On that note I will sign off and wish you a lovely Friday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!