Sunday 12 August 2012

Touching base !

Hello friends....It has been a while between posts so I offer my apologies.  As you all can appreciate life gets quite busy so its a matter of slowly getting through the tasks and ticking them off.  I have been busy juggling family life and lots of training.  For those that don't know, a few weeks ago I introduced some circuit classes to the Urbanfit Studio timetable along with my PT clients and my own training Ive been quite a busy bee.

The circuit classes have been great and another way to reach more clients and ultimately help more people along on their health and fitness journey.  As the warmer months are approaching I will plan to add some more dates and times.  So if you know anyone that may be interested in trying out some classes feel free to pass on my contact details : urbanfitstudio@hotmail.com.

Over the last few weeks I haven't done as much running outdoors, instead I have been focusing on lots of cross training in the studio to try and build up more strength in my legs to try and rehabilitate my foot.  I am sorely missing the routine of heading down to the track, setting my garmin (when it works) and running on my all too familiar route.  Next week ill head back out and try and resume my all important mind clearing, stress relieving, routine which is the RUN !

Im sure Ill have a beat in my step after watching all the AMAZING track and field events of the Olympics.  I have been glued to the screen for all the freakishly fast marathon, sprint and hurdle athletes..wondering in awe how they can be so fast.  A huge well done to all of the athletes who have put in years of training, hard work and sacrifices to be there in London and participate.  Their mental and physical toughness is inspiring.  They are all champions.

Today being Sunday, its my "rest day".  Generally my husband goes on his LSR which can sometimes take up to 3 hrs (he's running the Adelaide marathon next sunday) so I tend to have a morning of lounging with the papers and lots of coffee.  Bliss!

I find it hard to "lounge" for too long so I spent some time cooking up some new treats in the kitchen.  Delicious zucchini chips and mini paleo strawberry muffins.  The kids had some friends over so they indulged in some very healthy snacks.






Zucchini Oven Chips

Ingredients

1/4 cup dry wholemeal bread crumbs
1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
sea salt/pepper to taste
2 tbs skim milk
cooking spray
2.5 cups thinly sliced zucchini

Preheat oven to 180c
Combine dry ingredients in bowl, mix.  Place milk in shallow bowl. Dip zucchini in milk and cover in breadcrumb mixture.  Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray, place rack on baking tray.  Bake at 180c for 20-25mins or until browned.

Eat while still hot !


Ready to go in the oven


And for the sweet round...





Paleo Strawberry mini muffins

Ingredients

1 cup almond butter
1 cup almond meal
3 eggs whisked
1/2 cup raw honey
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
pinch cinnamon
1/2 cup finely sliced fresh strawberries ( i used 5 large strawberries)

Preheat oven to 200c
Mix all dry ingredients together, mix all wet ingredients together and then combine in 1 bowl.  Mix together and fold through sliced strawberries.  Lightly spray mini muffin tin (i used 24 mini tin) and divide batter between.  I overfilled mine and they overspilled so you will have more batter for few more if you have more tins..  Bake for around 15-20 mins.  Just keep an eye on them as they do puff up quite a bit.  Let cool and then enjoy !

Hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday.  I am going to enjoy the rest of my "rest " day with a pot of green tea and my mini muffins on the couch watching the Olympic mens marathon final at 8 pm tonight.  Goodnight !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!